Academic Advising Services
The School of Continuing and Professional Studies provides a supportive atmosphere that will empower adult learners to achieve their educational, career, and personal goals. In keeping with the missions of the College and SCPS, academic advisors will provide the tools necessary to accomplish these goals while recognizing the diversity and experiences unique to adult learners.
After learners submit the formal application materials, they are assigned an academic advisor who will process the materials and work with them throughout their degree program. A learner’s academic advisor will provide information and guidance regarding degree plans, registration processes, prerequisites and course selections, support services, and academic policies and procedures. The academic advisor can also assist the learner in developing and evaluating the progress toward an educational plan consistent with their life and career goals and objectives.
The primary goals of the academic advising staff are to:
- Serve as the primary resource for a successful transition to and completion of SCPS adult degree programs.
- Foster active participation in and ownership of the academic decision-making process.
- Supply accurate information about institutional policies, procedures, resources, and programs.
- Assist adult learners in course selection and evaluation of progress toward goals and objectives.
- Provide timely and accurate responses to all inquiries.
- Respect the privacy and confidentiality of adult learners.
- Uphold the policies, procedures, and values of Elizabethtown College and SCPS while adhering to the highest level of ethical behavior.
Our academic advising staff: